The IP Navigator® is based on a set of high-proficient analysing tools that can be flexibly combined and perfectly adjusted to the specific needs and requirements of your Horizon 2020 project.
Depending on the nature and focus of your project, you may apply and benefit from the services of the IP Navigator® at different stages of your project.
Even though it is highly recommendable to start using the IP Navigator® from the very beginning of your project, i.e. during proposal stage, and continue throughout project implementation as a “full service package”, you may also choose to apply certain analyses selectively at a specific point of your running project, e.g. “only” towards the end.
- Using the IP Navigator® at the PROPOSAL stage
In most of the fields covered by Horizon 2020 calls, the applicability and innovation potential of the expected research results play a major role for the assessment of the proposals. Proposers are facing clear expectations to realise suitable activities and their respective results in the fields of innovation management, exploitation and communication in order to maximize impact.
Especially for large collaborative projects with ambitious project goals, it is crucial to outline these measures in a convincing manner in order to achieve a positive evaluation of the final proposal. The IP Navigator® provides you with essential information for the development of a first Plan for the Dissemination and Exploitation of Project Results and strengthens your proposal – specifically the impact section – with regard to the following questions:
- How will your project outputs contribute to the expected impacts described for the topic?
- How will innovation capacity increase and new knowledge be integrated?
- How will the developments and innovations strengthen the competitiveness and growth of companies?
- What are the environmental or social impacts of the exploitation measures?
- What are potential barriers/obstacles?
- How can relevant patent and scientific literature be defined?
- What kind of relevant IP is already held by project partners and how can it be accessed by other project partners?
- Using the IP Navigator® at the IMPLEMENTATION stage
Horizon 2020 projects require constant monitoring and strategic management of all dissemination, exploitation and innovation-related activities.
In this regard, the IP Navigator® helps you to:
- collect information on relevant IP throughout the project lifecycle
- monitor research progresses and provide stakeholders with useful insights on e.g. publication citations or patents related to project results
- analyse new data for the constant updating the Plan for dissemination and exploitation of project results
- manage your results properly and keep them ready for use
- assess extent to which the expected impacts will be achieved
- identify potential risks or challenges at an early stage